Monday, December 11, 2006

Only 13 shopping days left!





As much as I'd love to say I have more shopping to do, the sad fact is that I've purchased more than enough this holiday season. Of course, that doesn't stop me from creating a myriad of reasons to buy more. Unfortunately Anna does not seem to be reaping the benefits of my shopping fits. It's hard to find things to buy for the baby who will inherit absolutely everything from her previously spoiled sister. Previously, as in, when Maddie was an infant. She still is spoiled but we're trying to cut back on that. In theory anyway.

So the week updates include: Maddie enjoyed an evening out with the "big girls" Mary and Sarah. Madeline idolizes older girls so I can only imagine the pitter patter of her heart as they took her to see Happy Feet last Friday in a spontaneous movie outing. Ryan, Anna and I took advantage of the Maddie-free time to assist Santa in his shopping for the stocking. Santa will be very pleased with our purchases. Santa's been good to me too since I discovered a new local store called Kajoma's. I believe, in this respect, Ryan thinks Santa is the devil since the bank account is being drained in the spirit of keeping me stylish. I blame it on the postpartem hormone fluctuations in re-establishing my sense of self now that I have my body back. I wish I had a little more sleep, which leads me to my second week update. Anna is getting a little better about sleeping longer at night and stretching out her feedings. Last Friday she went 6 hours and followed it up with another 4. It was a little slice of heaven. I think she's on the cusp of sleeping through the night more consistently.

This past week Madeline has been practicing being "fancy" like Nancy in her "Fancy Nancy" book. This does mean, unfortunately, that she tries on a plethora of outfits before she settles on just the right coordination of stripes and, uh, stripes in a variety of colors, paired with at least two but preferably more necklaces, a headscarf or headband (sometimes both), two sweaters over her shirt, clip on earrings and a bracelet. It's all about the accessories! She sometimes dons a tiara if the occasion allows. Let me just say that she always, without a doubt, gets a few comments while out and about. I was in Kajoma's last weekend and I asked Madeline if she was ready to go, to which she responded "As I'll ever be" and another customer said "oh yes you are!". So all of this is to say that she's not interested in being a princess this week but rather focusing on accessories and being fancy.

Annalise is still growing, sheesh, you'd think she's knock that off. She will be 11 weeks on Friday. She's enjoyed blowing bubbles for the last couple of weeks and it's fun to see her frothy mouth. Her other favorite thing to do is suck on her hands. I suspect she may be a thumb sucker. She sucks on pretty much anything that gets within an inch of her mouth. It's like a vacuum. She makes all kinds of fun noises now too. We've gotten into a pretty good routine where I feed her around 5:30 or 6am and before Ryan leaves for work he puts her into the swing. She sleeps there until 10am so Maddie and I can sleep in. I haven't slept this late since before Madeline was born. Ryan reaps the benefit of this on the weekend.

This coming weekend Maddie has two birthday parties (one of which is in Lincoln). During our Lincoln trip we will be visiting Maddie's Godparents Brian and Erin and their three bundles of joy; the triplets. We're looking forward to meeting them since the last time we visited they were in utero.

I am including some fancy Maddie pictures for your enjoyment!

1 comment:

Our Family said...

Great post & the pictures are amazing too! Anna is growing like crazy! :-)