Saturday, February 17, 2007

Happy Valentines Day


Happy Valentines day to everyone. Maddie decorated a box at school and the kids passed out Valentines. She came home with a big box of loot. Her box had hearts, flowers and people on it. She sent Disney princess Valentines with tatoo's on them, with a candy and a pencil attached. Aunt Mary picked her up after lunch on Valentines day and they had fun playing all afternoon. Thursday Ryan took Maddie out to lunch and I took her out on Friday. Needless to say, she had a fun week. Maddie loves playing with her Polly Pockets and Barbies. She prefers spending her morning playing with the Polly Pockeys rather than watching Arthur on PBS. Her drawing is improving and now the people in her pictures interact with each other by holding hands, picking flowers, etc. Most of the time she's drawing she writes letters and her own "Japanese letters".

Anna was 20 weeks yesterday. As usual she's doing well. She still nurses well during the week at daycare and I enjoy seeing her three times each day. She now takes longer naps during the day and is awake for longer periods as well. She's starting to go to bed around 730/800pm and sleep until morning. She still gets up about three times to eat, but is now sleeping in a 12 hour block at night. This helped phase out the evening fussiness she had been having. She is chattering a lot and loves to grab toys to put into her mouth. She's also started to pull herself back to me if she's still hungry. It's nice for her to be able to communicate a little with me about her needs. She enjoys tummy time more and is still a rolling fool. She's still a few weeks away from solids but I know she'll be ready when it's time. In the meantime she's enjoying her milk.

It's a three day weekend for Maddie and I. Ryan and Anna will be headed off to work/daycare respectively on Monday. We're going to do something fun, but we don't know yet what that will be. Maddie will be accompanying me to Anna's daycare while I feed her during the day. She loves the babies and will mother them while we're there.

Tuesday Anna and I are headed to Lincoln for a leadership session. My friend Teresa will be watching her while I spend the day at the Capitol and watch some legislative sessions. We're having lunch with a couple Senators and spending some time with the Govenor. I've been preparing my questions, related to planning issues and taxation, for them. I am looking forward to Tuesday. and it's also my birthday. Teehee.

1 comment:

Our Family said...

HAPPY (early) BIRTHDAY BECKY!!