Saturday, February 24, 2007

Pooped!





Just got home from a hectic day. It wouldn't be a Saturday at our house without it being hectic. We made a last minute decision to go to Lincoln today to exchange a shirt for Maddie's size and exchange a dress she didn't like for an outfit she does. We had planned to stay in Lincoln a little longer but saw that the interstate was closed west of Kearney and decided to make it a quick trip. We did get a chance to pick up some Colby Ridge, a delicacy not found in Omaha. On the way in to Omaha we made our weekly trip to Whole Foods. The girls did great for having to spend so much time in the car and carseat. Maddie passed the time watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory while Anna played and slept. Tonight we are planning a fondue night for fun. It should be a tasty evening. Tomorrow we're headed to see Sesame Street at the museum right after Church.

OH! That reminds me. Two weeks ago Maddie sang in her first Sunday school Church performance. She was so excited to do it and she wasn't nervous in front of the congregation. We are so proud of her and she was so proud to be a part of the Sunday school choir.

I also forgot to post a funny story that happened after our ice skating adventure. We stopped at Libby Lu's to buy Rebekah's birthday gift and Mary headed over to the intimates section. (for those of you who are not familiar with that section of a department store: it's the undies section). While Mary was shopping away Madeline picks up a pair of thong underwear and holds them up to me and says "There is something WRONG with these underwear MOM! I am going to go over to the sales lady and TELL her there is something wrong with them" to which I say "No, no I don't want you to do that". Now this was my first mistake: I sent Maddie over to Ryan and Teddy to tell them of the misfit underwear. I videotaped that part. She tells them that the underwear would not cover your bottom and that there's something wrong with them. I am not EXACTLY sure what happened next because I thought the whole thing was over, but the next thing I see/hear is Maddie holding up the thong underwear to the sales lady and asking her what they're for. A little mortified that Ryan and Teddy would let Maddie take the undies to the sales lady, I told Ryan to go do some damage control. He promptly explained that some ladies like to wear tight pants and they wear thong underwear to avoid panty lines. Maddie decided that it wouldn't be very comfortable. There you have it folks: undie education 101.

1 comment:

Our Family said...

That is a hilarious story! I love it! Sounds like a good weekend to me!