Saturday, April 14, 2007

Aliens!


Madeline came home with a drawing with what looked like jellyfish. I asked her, because moms get used to asking what things are supposed to be, and she told me aliens. I wondered how Madeline had ever heard of aliens so I asked her. She said Gabriel at school told her about aliens. Aliens, to Madeline, look like jellyfish. "What and where do aliens live?" I asked. "They're monsters and they live in Monsterland". I've never been to Monsterland, but I probably thought of such a thing before when I was around Madeline's age. She's recently become afraid of monsters and I am trying to learn more about them so I can help her be less afraid. When I was a child I had two older brothers. They were much older than I and loved to tease me, especially about "the boogyman". Luckily Maddie doesn't have any older brothers so she won't need to worry about that and hopefully her "monster" episodes will be limited and end quickly. However long it takes her, she'll always have Mom and Dad, who apparently are very good at either fighting or scaring away monsters. Even the ones that look like jellyfish.

No comments: