Saturday, August 9, 2008

Goth

So today I decided to cash in my lee's nails gift certificate and get a pedicure done. The whole family went along and I agreed to let Madeline get her fingernails painted. It was a busy place. It was so inexpensive that I decided to get my nails done too. While Madeline and I were having our nails painted I noticed a young woman next to me. She was dressed in all black, her hair was bleached as blonde as it could get and cut very short. I would describe her look as Gothic. But there she was sitting in the nail salon getting a manicure. She had her nails painted black. Never in a million years would I have ever thought I'd see a Gothic dressed person getting their nails painted black at a nail salon. Not that I believe Goth to be synonomous with unclean or unkept, but I just never expected they'd get their nails done at a prim and proper salon. It seemed very oxymoronic to me, but hey it just goes to show that you can learn something new everyday! Later during my pedicure a guy came in an had a pedi done with his wife. I told Ryan he needed to get one done too! LOL

No comments: