Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Halloween (a little late)

We did the candy circuit again this year. I've been reaping the benefits that a plethora of chocolate can provide. Namely craving for more chocolate.

In a last minute decision both girls decided, independently of each other, to be witches. Oh wait, I mean fairies (so says Madeline). I did the unthinkable this year and purchased primarily healthy treats including goldfish crackers and pretzels. I did buy a bag of york peppermint patties and m&m's to offset the healthy mode. In case you were wondering, peppermint patties are one of my personal favorites. After sorting the many bags of loot I came to the conclusion that this year's most popular candies include: twix, snickers, and 3 muskateers (does anyone really like those things?). We did receive a bundle of dum dum pops too. I'm letting the girls eat nearly as much as they want in hopes that it helps dwindle the stash faster. The funny thing about Anna is that she really just likes to try things and then tosses them in the trash. On Saturday she tried about six different thing but probably ingested a bite of candy. Madeline on the other hand carfully spaces her consumption to last as long as possible. As for me, I just periodically stuff my face with crap until I start to feel guilty. It's amazing how many mini candy bars you can eat in the space of about two minutes when my better judgment kicks in. Except that by then, it's too late and I've eaten more than I should. Thank GOD for running! I can run about 4.5 miles and burn over 400 calories and call it even.

At the end of the night we all had fun. We trick-or-treated with Maddie's friend Kara and her family. Annie said "trick or treat", "thank you" and "happy halloween" like a champ! Madeline did a good job of being polite and didn't even tell people that she was a vegetarian when they stuck bags of skittles and starburst in her bag! Woohoo! It's all about the little things.

No comments: