Thursday, February 5, 2009

55 degrees

Fifty-five degrees. Since it's the beginning of February and we live in a state that has an average temperature around 20 these days, 55 sounds pretty warm doesn't it? The thermometer inched up close to that temperature today in fact. I can tell you, however, that 55 degrees is sometimes a very bad temperature.

Like when it's the temperature of the inside of your house at 4:45am on Monday night. To make matters worse, it's a really bad temperature when your husband is out of state sleeping in a nice warm hotel room while you are freezing your biscuits off with your two little children trying to figure out WHY exactly it is 55 degrees in your house at 4:45am.

This was the scene at our house earlier this week. To my great surprise Ryan answered his cell phone when I called him at 4am in the morning in Denver. He told me to re-light the pilot light. Which are words Ihad heard before, but never needed to know since I've never actually HAD to light a pilot light. Have I ever told you that flaming things scare me? That probably harkens back to the time I almost burnt down our apartment during college but that's for another blog. Ryan INSISTS that there are instructions on the furnace that will tell me exactly how to light this little flame of heat called the "pilot". Unfortunately my ability to converse without dropping "f" bombs is limited when I am both; freezing and tired. Guess what? Our furnace does not have a pilot light!

No comments: