Friday, December 5, 2008

December

Well it's officially December. It has snowed twice and it's friggin' cold outside. The gifts are wrapped and under the tree with only a couple things left to buy. The girls and I do need to go out and buy a present for Ryan. I forget what Maddie wanted to get him, but I think it was along similar lines to the dump truck she wanted to get him when she was three. We'll see what we end up with. In about a week Madeline has her holiday shop at school where she will pick out gifts for all of us. Last year's gifts were pretty cute. We still play with the fluffy six foot long snake.

Last night we had houseguests. Teresa, Ashley and Audrey came over and spent the night. Teresa had choir practice at the orpheum and the girls played all night long. They all had fun and the adults stayed up pretty late chatting. *yawn*

Today Annie had her first winter gala program at school. Unfortunately due to some horrendous problem on the interstate I arrived a half hour late. Just in time to see everyone pack up their sheisse and leave. I guess none of the kids sang anyway, but I still feel terrible for missing it. Chalk it up to some idiot driver who trucked up the interstate enough to shut the entire thing down which required diverting traffic into a snarled mess. Anyway we all had fun playing in the playroom after dinner.

Tomorrow is probably the busiest day of December for us. Early tomorrow morning we head to the recreation club where Annie does dance, Madeline does Yoga. I will run while Ryan does strength training. Then we'll part so I can head over to the Candlelight luncheon while Ryan and the girls take Madeline to dance class. Madeline will meet me at the luncheon while I presume Annie will take a nap. Then we have a holiday party to attend. It's a very busy day for us, but should be full of fun. It's only around two weeks before we head off to Colorado! I am excited to see the Michelle and John's new house. Plus we always look forward to Maggie and Jack!

No comments: