Monday, December 22, 2008

Mouse

On Friday I decided to get a couple of errands done. It was a snow day and I was home in the morning. Earlier in the week Grandma JoLene picked up Annie and when she dropped Annie off she left the carseat in the garage. I waited until Friday to re-install the carseat. As I was installing the carseat a (very large) mouse (probably around four inches long minus the tail) crawled out of the carseat and scurried under the passenger seat of the car. After composing myself and informing the girls that a mouse had taken up residency in our car I tried to get the little booger to come out so I could shoo it out of the car. To no avail. My friend left work to help and the best we could do was scare it up into the dash. Since then I put two humane catch and release style traps in the car, however, the mouse hasn't taken the bait. There are several mouse turds right around the mouth of the traps but unfortunately no trapped mouse. We're now in limbo as to which vehicle to drive to Colorado tomorrow. We may drive a car, or we may drive a truck. Only time will tell.

No comments: