Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy MLK day

The beloved whoppie pie. I pay homage to the great allrecipes for this recipe.
Ryan can do tricks, which he discovered recently when peeling a satsuma tangerine. He can peel the tangerine with one tear AND it will look like an elephant. The girls LOVE this. The one in the picture Madeline peeled herself.
Last night I called everyone to dinner. The first one to the table was Tootsie. No kidding, she was just sitting there waiting. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you look at it, she sat in a chair with no place setting. (do you see her little head poking up from the back chair?)
Tootsie waiting for dinner again tonight. Same chair, still no place setting.
Santa brought Madeline a modified ATV. The thing does seven MPH on the high setting. She was trucking around the neighborhood yesterday. Sometimes she is gracious enough to give her sis a ride.

Today Madeline and I observed the MLK jr Holiday. Madeline chose to observe the holiday by watching a couple of movies, playing with Mackenzie, swimming, hot tubbing, and driving her mother nuts while I observed the holiday by cleaning the basement, doing pilates, swimming, hot tubbing, baking whoppie pies and doing my best to retain my sanity. Thankfully Ryan and Annie came home before all hope was lost.

Speaking of lost hope, I had an interesting experience this past weekend. On Friday I lost one pearl earring when I was changing before or after Pilates class. It wasn't just any pearl earring, of course, it was the set from our honeymoon. I think we bought it in Mexico. I didn't realize I had lost the earring until bedtime. On Saturday we made our weekly jaunt to the rec. club. As I was dressing to go run I spied the earring (sans back) just sitting on the floor in front of my locker. So I happily picked it up and placed it in my locker. After running I changed and hustled the girls out to take Madeline to her dance class. At some point I realized that I forgot all about the earring. Knowing that I had taken everything out of my locker during my change I was certain the earring was no longer in my locker. Later that night we went back to the rec. club in order to take the girls swimming. Lo and behold the earring was sitting right in front of my locker again. This time I put the earring in my purse and brought it home.
Whilst cleaning the basement I was very happy to find the newspaper clipping from my high school graduation. Fwew! I had been losing sleep trying to figure out where that went. Now I can rest in peace.
Also, the dentist said that her mouth bump is normal and is due to irritation from her six year molar. I am still a little concerned so we'll watch that.

No comments: