Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring

Spring is finally here and we've been enjoying unseasonably warm weather. I guess if the global warming thing is changing our seasons it isn't really unseasonably anymore. I think we hit 80 last week. The snow has melted but I have a gut feeling we're in for at least one more snow this spring. My fear is that we'll have a late cold snap that will put my peach tree in peril. I will be working very hard to protect the garden this year. We're planning to plant several new fruit trees this year. Ryan is installing several new raised beds which will help with the weed and drainage issues from last year. I believe he's also putting down a lot of mulch in the back half of the yard. We'll see.

Right now Ryan is working on my storm shelter. I think this is funny (in a not-so-funny-more-like-irritating way) because of the tornadoes that went through our area last night. We did have a brief conversation about his promise to have the storm shelter ready for the storm season. Well it looks like most of the shelter will be completed this weekend. The steel door may or may not be ready this weekend.

We're also working on a new planting plan and landscape layout for part of the yard. We should receive the new design this week. I am sure it will take quite a while to finish.

Madeline's two top teeth are pretty wiggly. She's trying to loose them at school so she can get the "cool treasure box". She is eating all kinds of hard things biting with her top teeth to make them wigglier. Annie declares that she has wiggly teeth. I am sure they will be "wiggly" for the next three years.

We all (minus Ryan) just got over a nasty stomach virus that gave us fevers for two weeks. I heard influenza and strep are also going around but hopefully none of us will get anything. I need to stay healthy for the next five weeks. May 3 is the half-marathon. I have to do a little catch-up to make up for the time I was sick. I have more but will put things in separate posts.

No comments: