Sunday, May 24, 2009

Recital and anniversary




Yeterday we celebrated two things at the Horner house. We celebrated our elleven year anniversary and the culmination of this year's dance class at Madeline's dance recital. There to celebrate with Madeline was Rich and Deb, Mary and Joyce. The recital went well and we all headed off to Ted and Wally's for ice cream after the show. Madeline got a fever yesterday morning. She's been feeling crummy ever since. She did great at the show regardless of her virus. I hope she's feeling better today. It's been a lovely weekend. It did rain a little yesterday but they were only short scattered showers that were between sunny beautiful patches of weather.

The garden is going well. We are a little behind planting beans and peas. Ryan needs to install some additional planting beds. The peaches look fantastic. There are probably more than 100 peaches on the tree and they range in size from an olive to a large marble. Maybe even a little bigger. There are several pears on the pear trees this year too. The blackberries are beginning to bloom, the strawberries are getting bigger, the grapes are growing like crazy. Blueberries are blooming and the raspberries are really taking off. The weather has been perfect for the garden too. Things are looking well on that front.

The storm shelter is not quite completed yet, though it is close. Some additional landscaping was done when we came back from Iowa. Gina was so kind and gave us several splits from her garden. We all had such a lovely time in Mt. Pleasant.

Running is going well except Friday I got a bad blister from a pair of work shoes. It actually ripped the skin right off my foot and is still hurting. I ran yesterday which must have aggrivated it further. I am sitting here in my running gear contemplating whether or not I should run because the throbbing from my foot hurts so bad. I really need to keep running though. I may walk a little to see how things go and make my decision then.

No comments: