Thursday, May 24, 2007

Shy extrovert


I distincty recall walking down the street, up to a house and ringing the bell. "Hi, I'm Rebecca, I'm four years old". I can remember inviting myself in, and meeting just about every neighbor on the block in this way. I was continually in trouble for wandering off. One of our neighbors was so intrigued by me that she took me to her work and she ran me through a barage of aptitude tests on a computer. This was 1979 and computers, my dear friend, were few and far between. I was not shy. In fact I was probably not shy enough but I do consider myself to be a bit introverted. I was an outgoing introvert, if that's even possible. Madeline is nearly a complete opposite. She is very extroverted and loves to be with people, however she is very shy around new people. Once she warms up to someone she is very outgoing, but only once she feels comfortable. So I have come to realize that Maddie is a shy extrovert. It's an interesting combonation, and a bit conterproductive but that's her personality. I am not going to try to make her be something she's not but it does make for interesting introductions. I am not sure how Annalise's personality will be the same or different, but she may just become like her mother and complete opposite of her sister. Only time will tell.

No comments: