Friday, May 18, 2007

Springtime



We got the weekend off to an early start by coming home a little early today. Anna enjoyed some fresh air while I strolled her around the neighborhood a bit. Ryan is building half of the retaining wall this weekend and will be filling it later this week. He rented a skidloader to move the dirt to the backyard.

Tomorrow Ryan is taking Mary and Ted's engagement pictures downtown on the ConAgra campus and in the Old Market. The girls and I will be hitting the garage sales since it's our neighborhood sale this weekend. Tomorrow night we're having dinner at Old Chicago as part of their training exercise. We get to enjoy a free meal while their staff learns how to serve. It's heir new restaurant in Shadow Lake. Joyce and my co-worker Michelle will be meeting us there so we can have dinner with good company.

Last week Madeline had her 5 year checkup with the pediatrician. She's in the 50th percentile for weight and height. She got four shots and her hemoglobin is great. She is doing very well. I have to add that tonight as Maddie was snuggling in bed and we were reading stories I took out a Bob book and Madeline read it on the first try! She had never tried to read before but she did it on the first try. It was pretty easy for her since she's been studying her sounds. I was so impressed and I can't wait to read another book tomorrow night. I can't believe it, Maddie can READ!!!!! (I am such a proud mama)

Anna tipped the scales just under 18 pounds. She still only takes about 3 ounces per feeding, but she's doing well and growing (made obvious by her chubby bubby leg rolls).

No comments: