Friday, August 10, 2007

Madeline The Great & Annalise The Supreme





As I prepare to plan Annie's birthday, I ask myself "who is Anna?". It must be a second-child of the same gender phenomenon because I have a hard time answering that question. Is it really that difficult to distinguish between the two girls? No and yes. It's hard for me to identify Annalise's identity. I hate admitting that but it's 100% true. Not only do they look the same, but they act very similarly too. That's not to say they aren't different because they are almost as different as they are similar. I don't compare them(in a competative way), but Anna is existing in a world with Madeline whereas Madeline grew up in a solitary environment. Anna was a much more content infant and baby, but a far more active near-toddler than Madeline. Annie is more vocal, more attached to her mama, doesn't like to listen to books, not as methodical, and more impatient. Annalise is unafraid and loves to explore. Madeline enjoyed staying inside the confines of a blanket laid on the floor and loved to sit and watch things. Madeline grew up fast, Annie seems to be taking her time. Anna crawled first but probably only out of her desire to explore versus a need to grow up. I can tell you all of these things about my babies, but I can't really tell you who Anna is, quite yet. I think she's holding that in to surprise me. Right now I would just describe her as a part of me.


As Madeline ventures off to kindergarten she is becoming more independent and less attached to me. She is very excited about getting milk for her morning snack at school. Recently she's been coming home with a myriad of interesting creations. I really need to take more pictuers of them because they're all so very unique. She makes tiara's, bracelets, capes, necklaces (and you name it) from paper. She loves to tape together paper stories she's created, cups and other objects. She loves to create things. It seems like she gets an idea of what she wants and then figures out a way to make it work. Everything is very unique and serves a specific purpose. She's our little inventor.


So, here's to you: Maddie the Great and Anna the Supreme; each your own person forever attached and eternally separate.
(btw: Maddie went to Fire Camp this week where she, once again, declared her undying desire to become a firefighter. She's going to be busy trying to manage all of these professions LOL)

No comments: