Tuesday, January 22, 2008

New stuff

Annie cut her third molar (bottom left side) a couple of days ago. It's hard to tell if her night crying is due to tooth or gas pain, but she's definitely uncomfortable. She's also added more vocabulary in the last week or so. She now says apple and mine. She mimics down and up occassionally. She's a pro at the point and grunt skill.

It is cute when she calle me "mine". I may pass her off to Ryan for something and she thrusts her arms toward me and calls out "mine, mine". She calls for mama, mamamama too. But it's ubber cute to be called "mine". I am all hers!

Yesterday we celebrated Martin Luther King Jr. day (Maddie told me all about him and Rosa Parks) while simultaneously celebrating Lissa's birthday at the local indoor waterpark. It was super fabulous. I stayed and did some swimming and hot-tubbing as well. Maddie loves the lazy river and spent most of her time there. I had planned to just relax in the hot tub, but the rest of the park was too inviting and we enjoyed the lazy riving and waterslides quite a bit. It's not exactly a relaxing venue since it's a compact space filled with hundreds of excited children. But I still loved it! Then Maddie and I went off to a department store and picked out a few pair of new jeans (pink, blue and red), which she is wearing today. Over the weekend she got a few new tops from her new favorite clothing store: Justice. It was a great holiday weekend. Ryan and Anna went to work and daycare so they didn't really reap the benefits of our famous civil rights leader.

No comments: