Thursday, January 31, 2008

Hello Mr. Governor

Just a quick note to add my exciting news. I attended a ribbon cutting for our Chamber of Commerce last night. The Governor attended and spoke. The Mayor of my city introduced me to the Governor personally and he called me the "Assistant Planning Director" which, by the way, is NOT my title. But if there's one thing my mother taught me, it's "never correct your superior in front of someone else", especially the Governor of your state. So I just smiled and shook his hand. While I don't really care much for politics, it was fun to meet and shake the hand of the Governor. Maddie told me her friends wouldn't believe her. The food was good too!

Maddie ended up getting the stomach flu also and was out of school for half of the day on Tuesday. She wanted to go back yesterday and she did great. She did NOT want to go back today. She didn't understand that once you're well enough to go back, you can't stay home again. Poor thing!

No comments: