Thursday, January 3, 2008

Over the shoulder flat as a pancake holder

I think I was in 6th or 7th grade when my mother took me out bra shopping. It was exciting, but I was very embarassed. Every time she talked to a sales attendant I was mortified that they were talking about my boobs, or lack thereof. Even once I had the bra I was very embarassed to wear it to school. I was afraid someone would notice and make fun of me. I certainly did not embrace my inner desire to have a bra. That would be the polar opposite of my eldest daughter.

Maddie and I trecked over to Kohl's last week to get her some new whitey tighties. While there she asked me to buy her a bra. I think she likes saying the word "bra". I was surprised that she wanted a bra and looked over their selection. Feeling uneducated about sizing I decided to research it a little. We returned to Kohl's yesterday to pick up a couple additional packages of undies and Madeline selected her first bra! She's been wearing it nonstop since yesterday. The package came with two bras so she wore one through the night and switched this morning. She told me to wash the first one while she wears the second! She loves her bra SO MUCH that she doesn't like to wear a shirt, because it would cover her wonderful bra of course! She is very proud and would enjoy having a conversation about her new undergarments with anyone interested. As an aside, her 10 year old neighbor buddy got her first bra this year too. Sigh, they have so much in common; two girls flat as pancakes loving their new braziers!

No comments: