Thursday, February 21, 2008

Happy Birthday!


Annie in her messy shirt

Madeline and Ted before the "date night" dance

At the dance, doing a twirl

I called home yesterday, since Maddie's school district closed due to the "bitter cold" conditions, and was lucky enough to be serenaded by Ryan and Madeline with the Alvin and the Chipmonks Christmas song. I think it's currently her favorite.

Two days ago on my way home from picking up Annalise and Madeline I decided to stop for a little ice cream treat at Runza. As Annie was eating her ice cream from the spoon, the middle of the spoon shredded into little sharp shards, one piece we never found. Unfortunately our doctor's office was closed and the answering service told us to go to the Emergency Room. It was such a fun and exciting way to spend our evening. Annie's fine and has suffered no ill effects from the incident. We still haven't found the piece of tiny black plastic spoon. We're now dealing with Runza corporate regarding the "shredding spoon". I am livid about the whole ordeal (but you know it doesn't take much). I mean, who expects their spoon to shred from the middle? Clearly there's something wrong with the spoon. Anyway, I'll update when we receive our multi-million dollar settlement (haha). The important thing: Annie appears to be fine!

I gave a lecture yesterday, which went well. Then enjoyed my favorite cake "wedding cake" from Wheatfields which is a spongy white cake with whipped frosting and strawberries. Ryan and Madeline made a chocolate cake and we went out to Cheeseburger in Paradise. (it was Madeline's plan). I received three cards in the mail from Grandpa John, Babe and Rich and Deb. I received E-cards from the Jacksons, Mona and the Bullers.

I am attaching some sort-of recent pictures :)

No comments: