Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day

Here I am, ten days after the last post, totally swamped beyond belief (I am sitting over the heat register since it's zero outside and I am just plain cold).

Anna had her 15 month checkup last week (she was only about 6 weeks later getting it). By the way, she HATES the doctors office. She likes everything until you get to the exam room. The screaming starts and doesn't stop until you walk out of that room. She wouldn't even sit still for a proper weight reading. We're guessing she's around 21.5 pounds. She's 31 inches tall and her head is nice and round. She's in the 25th percentile for weight and 5oth for height. 75th for head circumference. She didn't get any shots because she had an ear infection (her third). She's taking antibiotics for the ear infection and finally sleeping a little better. Not that she was a decent sleeper before because as Ryan and I know all too well, she doesn't like to sleep TOO long without being reminded of mama. Her vocabulary is doing pretty well. She says odd ball things like oval and tickle. She is determined about things and gets very VERY upset if you take something away from her. Who wouldn't?! Most of the time we can get her to voluntarily hand things over. The rest of the time she throws a major fit. She must have learned that from her sister.

Madeline had her school Valentines Day Party today. I made cupcakes and helped at the party. It was fun. I love chatting with the other moms and seeing all of the kids. Almost all of them know me pretty well since the Halloween party, plus the several playdates Maddie's had with various kids. Plus I show up at every party. I was thinking the other moms might start to get mad at me because I signed up for EVERY party this year. I don't think that's going to change in the future. I just like being involved (big surprise). No one seems to mind, YET. Maddie is doing well. She has definitely mastered the "cry" after she loses a priveledge. I mean, maybe more like a wail. It is so incredibly annoying I have to leave the room. She gets real tears worked up and everything. Everytime I just look at her and try to remember my childhood and relate it to something that I felt at that age. I really sympathize for her. It's no fun being a kid, some of the time. She's got it pretty good though she doesn't realize it. There was a skating party a couple of days ago. Blake, her boyfriend, was there and they skated together a few times. She's as good of friends with Blake as she is her other girl friends Jaime, Lissa, Sydney or Andi. I always have to laugh when she says she hates school. I remind her she wouldn't have all her great friends if she didn't go to school. It's lost on her. haha

I'll be glad to have this week over. Actually this month over. I have too many things going on right now. But it will be over soon. :)

No comments: