Thursday, June 26, 2008

Access Denied

Finally two weeks after my last day I received this message when trying to check my old email account. I told my old boss last night that I could still access my old email account and that I had been forwarding work-related messages on to my co-worker. I am happy they finally shut the account down. One less thing for me to think about.

Two weeks at the new job. Things seem to be going well. Very busy and it's a change. It's very difficult without an assistant but obviously I am managing. I was able to get through 30 of the more than 6o applications. So far there are a couple good candidate and the rest are not a good fit. By tomorrow I should be done reviewing those applications and moving on to other things. Things like site plan reviews, zoning determinations, violation complaints and staff reports. That and working on agreements for storm and sanitary sewer lines with adjacent communities. I bet Johnny Carson would see lots of overtime in my future.

Fireworks season officially started yesterday. While we have not personally purchased any fireworks we have the extreme joy of listening to all of the neighbors fireworks. I wouldn't mind them if during the weekdays they stopped before 10pm and didn't include blocks of Black Cat's.

Girls are doing well. Annie gets hurt nearly everyday at school on the playground. She has lots of scrapes and bruises. Madeline had an encounter with a jungle gym bar in exactly the wrong place and had to go to the doctor. She is doing much better today but still store. Madeline is almost finished with the first session of swim lessons. She will hopefully test out of level 2 and move on to level 3 next week. I am keeping my fingers crossed. She's doing very well.

Ryan is forging ahead with the arts council. He travels in a couple of weeks to OH for a project interview. I hope they get the job so he can work on another federal courthouse. He's having a good time with the garden.

Garden update: breaking news, this just in... the strawberries are winding down. Blueberries are blue, peas pods are being harvested everyday, beans look good (a few baby ones are on the plants), grapes are pretty big now, blackberries are on the verge of turning black and the raspberries are blooming! There are green tomatoes on the plants, a yellow squash is almost ready to pick, baby cukes cover the plants, and everything else is growing nicely. I will get some pics and post them soon. Right now I would be mosquito food if I went out there, so I will wait until mid-day this weekend.

No comments: