Thursday, June 12, 2008

Wrapping things up

I have been so incredibly busy finalizing my last days with my current job that I haven't had much time to post to the blog. I do have images and stories to add but I will have to make time for those this weekend. My co-workers are putting together a little shin-dig for me this afternoon with cake. It should be fun. Tomorrow is my last day and I hope to skip out a little early and go to lunch with co-workers. This week I packed up my things and cleaned out my drawers. Everything is set to go. I just need some help carrying out my boxes tomorrow. They'll stay in my truck until the move to the new administration building in about a month. In the meantime I plan to house myself in another department's office. Things will continue to stay busy at the new place as furniture is ordered and maps/plats packed and moved.

Home has been continuously busy as well. Annie cut her two "fang" teeth this past Sunday. They're coming in at the same time. She doesn't show much sign of discomfort. I believe she has six more teeth after these two finish coming in. She has a decent set of chompers that, thankfully, are just used for food. It's nice that Anna hasn't gone through any type of biting phase. (I attribute that to breastfeeding)

Madeline is in the midst of swimming lessons. She would like to spend everyday at the pool and she nearly does. Once a week at her summer program and twice a week for lessons she is in the pool. She is still taking Spanish lessons from Miss Lisset. We are practicing more at home now, much to Madeline's disappointment. Madeline recently declared that she is going to be a singer and dancer when she grows up. I jokingly told Ryan and I'm okay with that, as long as it's not around a pole. Sorry for the crude humor but it's one of the ways I maintain sanity. haha

Anna started Montessori school and loves it. Though she is still angry with her teacher because she's the one who "takes" her away from dad every morning. I guess Annie is warming up to her a little more now. She's gotten hurt almost everyday with a nasty looking bruise as current proof. She plays hard on the playground since all of her injuries were sustained there.

Ryan is busy with the arts council and work projects and as usual I am only about a fraction of an inch away from going nuts. :)

No comments: