Sunday, June 29, 2008

Way to go Annie Renee!

Annalise successfully went peepee in the potty at home today. She does it at school, but hasn't at home. Here's the skinny: She got out of the tub, dried off, told me she had to go "poopy" so I sat her on the toilet and .... tinkle, tinkle, tinkle she went in the potty. So proud we all had a "hooray" shouting fit and she looked very proud of herself. There you have it folks, a little over two weeks after introduction to the potty and the 21-month old Annie is proud to tell everyone that she went in the potty like a big girl.

She also appears to be breaking a new tooth on her lower left side. It's a little fang tooth.

Today Madeline spent 2.5 hours at a riding academy and learned all about horses. She rode twice, led a horse and learning just about everything there is to know about horses. She went with her Daisy's troop and had a great time. Of course it was a little tentative on the jouney out to the academy because the Goole Map was WRONG and led us to the home of a very nice old woman who had just about everything you could imagine stored on her lawn (including a variety of free range chickens. We finally found the stinkin' place and on Ryan and I's way back to civilization I nearly ran over an eight foot long bull snake that chose the very moment to cross the road. Yeah, I don't like worms and snakes don't bother me too much but a large snake playing "chicken" with my car was almost enough to make me vomit. Words cannot describe how happy I was to get back to paved roads with street lights and big concrete buildings. There is irony, of course, in the fact that I am now a county planning director. lol

No comments: