Monday, March 10, 2008

Daylight savings

We have moderately recovered from the time shift. The girls went to bed late and were both tired this morning. Madeline complained about the daylight but I think the real issue was lack of sleep.

Friday the girls went to Grandma and Grandpa's house. Annie was reluctant and cried a lot as we left but was very content and happy when we returned so she loved being there! We went to a great French-Belgian restaurant. Ryan doesn't care for that type of cuisine, but it's one of my absolute favorites. They had fantastic tomato soup, french bread, frites(Belgian fries), and entrees. We had a brie-apple tart and brie-pear crepe. Honestly the crepe didn't have enough flavor, but the tart was fantastic. I'm trying to figure otu when I can get back there to have more frites. Plus they had the most fabulous chocolate mousse. I haven't had mousse that good since I was in Belgium 20 years ago (yes, I AM that old). Anyway, if you're in town and want to know a great place to eat let me know!

Saturday Maddie had dance class, then we had our weekly shopping trip at Whole Foods. It was too cold to do anything but play games in the playroom. Annie took a three hour nap! We went over to our friends Scott and Marcie's house Saturday night in order to plan the travel portion of our October Disneyworld vacation. The great news: the plane tickets are booked! Which means we're pretty much set until October.

Sunday school went well but Madeline mentioned that a couple of buddies failed to appear (I am guessing due to the time change). We did go to a movie, spur of the moment; The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything. It's one of Maddie's favorite "silly songs by Larry" so I thought it would be a great movie. It was. It didn't have the typical Christian lesson, but it had overtones and was a wonderful movie. Annie slept through an hour of the movie and enjoyed the last 20 minutes.

Madeline has been having a tough week. She's had a variety of behavior (talking back and sassing) issues. She's been spending a lot of time in "time out" and we're pretty exhausted from all of the complaining, whining and naughtiness. She's been crying a lot too, which I think is due to not getting enough sleep. We'll pull back her bedtime for a bit and see if that helps. My memory from times like these is that it's a phase and hopefully will soon pass because I am WORN out!

No comments: